Allan's corporate training, leadership research and empowering books on personal development impact thousands of lives across Africa.

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Is this Ubuntu or Emotional Intelligence?

  This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA-NC I recently wrote a journal paper on how to integrate strategy and culture for ...

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Culture Speaks

 

CULTURE SPEAKS

 

After almost twenty years of consulting, I have developed a feel of organization culture and its impact on a business. It is wise to "not judge a book by its cover", but it would also be foolish to completely ignore appearances. I can predict the kind of reception I will receive, and the expectations of the client, including he amount of haggling I will have to do for my payment, from the cultural landmarks that I see and feel as I enter the premises. There are some businesses I would hesitate to do business with, while others I would not touch with a ten foot pole. One could say it is perhaps because of their reputation, but the landmarks are simple enough, they include; welcome, dress, staff, language, layout and quality of work.

 

Allan Bukusi, 2005

Veteran 8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in this conversation