Allan's corporate training, leadership research and empowering books on personal development impact thousands of lives across Africa.

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Is this Ubuntu or Emotional Intelligence?

  This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA-NC I recently wrote a journal paper on how to integrate strategy and culture for ...

Monday, March 25, 2013

It is hard to pray on a full stomach

The question is, "to fast or not to fast?" In my own experience, strange as it may seem, I find it hard to pray on a full stomach. Before a meal, I have a sense of duty to thank God for the food. After the meal I am somewhat disinclined to pray. Gandhi fasted to plead his case with men. Jesus fasted for strength for the journey. Many religions uphold fasting as a means of piety and finding favor with God. I don't know about you but I find that prayer is most effective and most urgent when you don't have than when you do.

Allan Bukusi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in this conversation