Allan's corporate training, leadership research and empowering books on personal development impact thousands of lives across Africa.

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Is this Ubuntu or Emotional Intelligence?

  This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA-NC I recently wrote a journal paper on how to integrate strategy and culture for ...

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Yes, Its December!

 


Yes, it’s December!

If you are like me, then this has been the longest year you have ever lived or can ever remember. I thought it would never end. For many it has been a year that has tested our faith in friends, family, finances and ultimately faith in God to the very core! There are many who may not have visited Church for most of the year. The English say that you need to call a spade a spade and not use euphemisms like a big spoon, if you want to deal with reality and move on with life. There has been plenty of pain all around. And this is not a griping post. First, I would like to help you see that you are no alone and that the challenges have actually been universal. That means many of the hopes, dreams and resolutions you had for the year may not have materialized. However, when I look back there were somethings I never would have done, had the year not turned out as it did. I picked up an exercise routine that moved me from an unfit, paltry 3 kilometers a week to a modest 8 Kilometers a day in 8 months! – bring on the marathon! (or at least the half-marathon). Sitting at home, without a job, I have written and published more papers than I have had the time, concentration and focus to come up with in the past decade! My prayers have shifted from “God I want this” and “God, I need that”, to “God, what would you have me do?”. Of course, I can’t remember the last time I was this broke. I don’t know how that can be counted as an achievement, but many rich people seem to think it is important to acknowledge the starting point. Look back, and you will see some of the good in you (or to you) too! So what has this got to do with December? Well it’s the season, a reminder that, no matter how rough the road or great has been the load, No Season Lasts Forever! And so my wish for you this year is to have a Happy Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in this conversation