Allan's corporate training, leadership research and empowering books on personal development impact thousands of lives across Africa.

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Is this Ubuntu or Emotional Intelligence?

  This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA-NC I recently wrote a journal paper on how to integrate strategy and culture for ...

Sunday, April 1, 2012

LISTEN TO THE CHILDREN

LISTEN TO THE CHILDREN

Today I listened to my daughter. She wanted to speak to me. I was busy. Then it struck me. What should keep me more busy? I stopped and listened. She told me she loved me. She wanted me to help her make amends in some of the things she did in school and at home. I am the only one that can make a difference in her life right now. She gave me the opportunity to do so.  I remember my own story. I ran away from home because no one listened to me. Then I got to thinking. How often do we listen to the children? If we did, maybe this world would be a different place. I told her that I loved her. I was really doing all these things for her, but maybe I had never told her. I am glad I have told her because now I have a reason to be busy. Listen to the children, they will teach you things you already know.

Allan Bukusi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in this conversation