Allan's corporate training, leadership research and empowering books on personal development impact thousands of lives across Africa.

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Is this Ubuntu or Emotional Intelligence?

  This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA-NC I recently wrote a journal paper on how to integrate strategy and culture for ...

Sunday, April 22, 2012

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

HOW OLD ARE YOU?
Today I listened to a young man preach. Perhaps for the first time he helped me realize that, "youth is not a time of life; it is a state of the mind". People don't teach that much. And it is hard to believe when your bones don't agree. But think about the consequence of what people believe and you will realize that we all can be young and we all can be old. If I had been told that I was old before the sermon, I would have said that was true. After the sermon, I feel young. In some things, I must be old. But in others, I prefer to be young. When I think of eternity and the age of the earth then I am always young. At work, I like to think I am old. But when I am at home, I prefer to be young. Some people think it is all a question of perspective. No, it is a matter of the soul.
Allan
I will share with you the words of that young man as the first entry to our guest column later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in this conversation