Allan's corporate training, leadership research and empowering books on personal development impact thousands of lives across Africa.

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Is this Ubuntu or Emotional Intelligence?

  This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA-NC I recently wrote a journal paper on how to integrate strategy and culture for ...

Thursday, February 27, 2020

A Rainbow, A Great Tomorrow



The Rainbow

The Rainbow settled over our house today. I almost missed it. It has been a dragging season and there has not been much to shout about these passed days. It has been dark, gloomy and routine. And yesterday it even rained. I’ve soldiered on but why. It has been full of uncertainty and much wondering of what tomorrow will bring. I’ve been working hard for a reason to believe. As I walked to the kitchen and found there was no bread, I could have shed a tear of despair, but did not have the strength to cry. I looked up at the sky as if to sigh, then I saw it, that great arch in the sky. I was so sad I could have missed it. Then I saw it. The Rainbow, Gods promise of tomorrow, right there over our house in shimmering armour. Then I saw it, the glimmer of hope for tomorrow, and I worked hard to fan the fading flame. God has not forgotten us. The Sun came out from behind the clouds and the rainbow faded away. From a dank day it became another day. For a moment I forgot my hurts and sorrow and took courage to reach out in trust for a Great tomorrow. This too, is my prayer for you. Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in this conversation