Allan's corporate training, leadership research and empowering books on personal development impact thousands of lives across Africa.

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Is this Ubuntu or Emotional Intelligence?

  This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA-NC I recently wrote a journal paper on how to integrate strategy and culture for ...

Friday, September 21, 2012

I BOUGHT A CAR

I BOUGHT A CAR

My friend was so excited when she bought her first car. I rejoiced with her and told her that she now had the keys to the world. Two weeks later, I met her at the bus stop looking sad, ashamed and a little surprised to see me. When I asked about the car, she broke into tears. I was taken aback until I listened to her story...

"I am so disappointed. I was hoping the car would drive me all around town. I thought that I would be able to show off to all my friends and give people rides. And I really thought it would make a difference in my life, but it just sits there doing nothing".

Do you feel the same way about your college diploma, your job, your spouse, your family or whatever it is you thought would make you happy or rich? Do you really expect it to drive you everywhere you want? Are you disappointed that it doesn't?

Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in this conversation