Allan's corporate training, leadership research and empowering books on personal development impact thousands of lives across Africa.

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Is this Ubuntu or Emotional Intelligence?

  This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA-NC I recently wrote a journal paper on how to integrate strategy and culture for ...

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

FRUIT & TREES

FRUIT & TREES

We planted some fruit trees more than five years ago. We have not eaten from the pear tree, but I have eaten from the apricot, the golden apple, the guava and loquat tree. My children have no idea of the effort that went into planting, watering and so on. They just love the fruit. All the fruit taste different and come in different seasons so we find ourselves rotating from tree to tree every other month. And I forgot, we also have plum trees, oranges and papaya.  I am still waiting for the pears to give us something but I often wonder about how I am doing with bearing fruit. Is someone waiting for me like I am waiting for the pear tree or are they enjoying the fruit from me. Planting trees is hard work, but the real value of a tree is its fruit – so my children tell me.

Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in this conversation