Allan's corporate training, leadership research and empowering books on personal development impact thousands of lives across Africa.

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Is this Ubuntu or Emotional Intelligence?

  This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA-NC I recently wrote a journal paper on how to integrate strategy and culture for ...

Friday, January 6, 2023

TWENTY TWENTY THREE IS HERE!



TWENTY TWENTY THREE IS HERE !


2023 is a blank exercise book I have been given to write my thoughts, my dreams and yes, my history. Problem is, it is already five days into the year and I am working hard to keep my thoughts ahead of my history. We may not always think of it like that and often wait for things to happen and the year to unfold and get old. Sometimes it feels a little stupid to want to set goals. But I want to do things differently this year. I want to ask God to give hope and meaning to my thoughts and give me the courage to set goals. I want to take up the challenge to help Him make them a reality. The truth is I believe I can create reality by my thoughts, words, works and deeds so that is why I usually spend December of every year thinking about what I will do with the next 365 pages of the book I am writing. I feel better when I write. I don’t always accomplish earth shaking goals. I am not a miracle worker. I am sometimes disappointed when I think I should have set higher goals or done a little bit better than I did last year. Sometimes each year, I have to forgive myself for being such a dreamer like a drunkard with my head in the clouds. I chastise myself for not doing what I said I would. But hey, I am always happy that I set out to do something I could be proud of at the end of the year! Some of those projects were houses, savings, getting an education or changing my behavior and the way I do things. Even though the disappointments come like COVID, wars, elections and economic meltdown or silly things like losing friendships - over which I have little or no control, I always set goals with hope and courage so that at the end of the day I can thank God for every chapter of my life. We have about 360 pages left. I don’t know whether your script is going to turn out to be a blockbuster movie, but I would pray that you would take charge of it, for your own sake – I hope you have a plan or at least some priorities. You will never regret that you set out to write your own story.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Allan Bukusi

5 comments:

  1. HNY 2023 is here with us. I'm looking at my vision board and goals for the year but the real challenge is breaking them down into bite sized week by week..month by month. Hab 2:2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations - You are right on track! Vision board is a master piece! Many times we want to get everything down to a "t" but it is not always possible... Identify areas (goals) where you need to spend your time this year and make time for activities in that area each week and each month of 2023. Godspeed.

      Delete
  2. Great mind at work, am seriously challenged by your thoughts and how they are processed...Happy New year 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, proceed. Establishing your priorities and areas of focus and productivity this year is a good place to start. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a positive attitude. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing in this conversation