Allan's corporate training, leadership research and empowering books on personal development impact thousands of lives across Africa.

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Is this Ubuntu or Emotional Intelligence?

  This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA-NC I recently wrote a journal paper on how to integrate strategy and culture for ...

Friday, October 17, 2014

I have seen The New Africa!

Yesterday I had the unique opportunity to train a group 30 young people from Rwanda, Uganda and Kenya. I have seen The New Africa; it is bold, it is fresh, it is formidable.  We spoke about leadership and Teamwork. In the young people's language – "it was awesome!" They had the energy, the wit and the will to make a difference in a world of broken dreams. In those youthful faces, I saw the future of the region; no, I saw the future of Africa.  The future of Africa is in a determined new start, a great new beginning that promises nothing of the past. In that room, perhaps for the first time in a long time, I saw the hope of a generation - one people, one country – one Africa. That Africa resides in the hearts of people who know who they are, who harbor no bitterness and all they want is a chance to make a difference. That Africa lies in the innocent belief that, "if I work hard enough and be the best I can be, I will become all that I was meant to be and be a blessing to all the world". I could not see color or country in that room. Yet in that space was character, competence and courage to change Africa -indeed courage to change the world! It made me wish I was young again, but again I am thankful that God gave me a chance to see the future established by a great new team of managers at GT.
Allan Bukusi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in this conversation