Allan's corporate training, leadership research and empowering books on personal development impact thousands of lives across Africa.

Search This Blog

Featured Post

Is this Ubuntu or Emotional Intelligence?

  This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA-NC I recently wrote a journal paper on how to integrate strategy and culture for ...

Friday, January 4, 2019

Your "Job attitude" will make a difference in 2019 - Happy New Year!!!

MY FIRST JOB EXPERIENCE 

For an average 27 year old Nigerian lady, getting a well-paying job, a good house to live in and a well-to-do husband are the major goals. Investment and acquiring an asset is usually on the last rung of the ladder. 

Just before I met Allan Bukusi, the author of ‘My first job: How to prosper in Employment’, I was a resentful employee; an administrative officer at my first job that paid about 50,000 Naira (137USD); an amount I believed could not take care of my personal needs. I knew I wasn’t ready to stay there for long. However, after reading the book gifted to me by the author himself in 2016, I had a transformed mindset on employment and the potential of creating wealth as an employee. 

Some of the key concepts highlighted in the book are milking the opportunity in a current employment: personal development and investment while working. I am excited to say that while at the initially dissatisfied employment, I took quite a number of online courses as a form of personal development and with savings from my meagre income, I acquired a piece of land as an investment. I made the best opportunity to prosper at my first employment; and I’m still working in that line. 

I strongly recommend this book to all age categories especially young graduates who seem unprepared for the world of employment. 

Ibukunoluwa Ajao 
Nigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in this conversation